Computers and tablets include a range of features designed to make it easier for people with vision, hearing, mobility, and other disabilities to use technology more easily. Even if you don’t have a disability, some of these features can make learning to go online a little easier. Try them out and see!
There are also programs, apps, and assistive devices that go beyond what’s included in your computer or tablet’s operating system. If you need advice about what will work best for you, or just want to test out some solutions, contact one of the places listed in this section.
Change your computer or tablet settings to make it easier for you to use
- Ability Net: My Computer My Way
- Windows Computer Accessibility Features
- Apple Computer Accessibility Features
- Android Tablet Accessibility Features
- Apple Tablet Accessibility Features
- Low Vision Apps
- Apps for Hearing Loss
Visit places that can help you with tools or strategies to make using your device easier
- Independent Living Resource Center
- Tri-County GLAD – (805) 644-6322